Guide: A beginner's guide to camouflage paintjobs.

Guider om vedlikehold/oppgradering av airsoftvåpen, modding av utstyr og guider for impressions.
Guider må godkjennes på forhånd. Kontakt en administrator om du ønsker å bidra.
Svar
Brukeravatar
Administrator

Ulfhednar - OP
Sted: Best coast
Spilt siden: 2007
Alder: 30
Kontakt:

9. juni 2019 kl. 15.02

Tjobing.

Skrev en kort innføring i kamuflasjemaling av kit for publikasjon på fjaseboka, derav engelskspråklig, men poster den her også i tilfelle noen kan dra nytte av den.
Om noen har behov for fargekoder til maling (deriblant NFM EC Paint), så finnes det i en egen tråd her.

First off: Nothing in nature is perfect, so don't expect your paintjob to be either.
Everything is a result of gradual trial and error over time - this applies to painting your gear as well.

Step one - preparation:

Mask off or remove anything you don't want painted, such as chinstraps and any accessories you have mounted on your lid.
Don't worry about masking off velcro - while some minor overspray will change its surface texture slightly, it will remain effective as long as you don't saturate it entirely with obscene amounts of paint.

If at all possible; Use a paint that also reduces signature in the NIR and thermal spectrums in addition to visible light, and choose colours according to your surroundings.

For the purposes of this paintjob, I'm using NFM's EC camouflage paints, in the following colours:
- White (RAL9010)
- Forest Green (RAL 6031)
- Coyote Brown (RAL 7006)
- Mud Brown (RAL 8027)

Follow the directions on your can for spray distance, as well as drying time between coats.
With NFM paints, 30-60 seconds is generally enough between thin coats, though this will vary with ambient temperature and humidity.

Bilde

Step two - base coat:

A simple base coat is the easiest way to ensure that your colours end up as intended, as well as full coverage.
It is not necessary for the base coat to be fully opaque - if the original colour shines through in places, that's okay - so long as you've achieved decent coverage overall.
A white base coat will ensure that the hue of your colours remains as it was designed.
A tan base coat will push your paintjob towards the yellow end of the spectrum, and a gray base coat will push it towards the blues - use this knowledge to your advantage and adapt to the environment you're painting for.

Bilde
Bilde

Step three - light colours:

It's easier to go from light to dark, than back again. In this case, my light colour is Forest Green.
Normally this is a medium-dark colour, but the white basecoat brightens it up, and increases it's saturation significantly.
Apply a thin coat in any random pattern across a large portion of your available surface area.

Bilde
Bilde

Step four - medium colours:

My medium colour in this case is Coyote Brown. Proceed to paint what remains visible of the base coat colour.
Absolute coverage isn't strictly necessary, but try to blend the two colours together as best you can, without creating sharp transitions.

Bilde
Bilde

Step five - dark colours:

The goal of the final coat in Mud Brown is to create shadow in the now fairly flat pattern.
How much shadow is suitable will depend entirely on your intended surroundings - a paintjob with a small amount of dark colours may well be suitable for verdant plains, but at the same time be too bright and easy to spot in thick brush.
Grab a handful of naturally occurring foliage, and use it as a stencil while applying your dark colours. Transitional areas between your light and medium colours are a good spot to start.
Carry on gradually, until sufficiently dark for your environment - you're best served by spraying a bit, then taking a step back to evaluate, so as to prevent going too dark in a hurry.

Bilde
Bilde

Congratulations - you're done!
Ideally, let the paint cure for at least 10-15 minutes before you start remounting hardware and accessories.
A brand new paintjob will have some sheen to it. This will gradually go away over time, as the paint cures and the paintjob gets scuffed up with use.

Now all that remains is a celebratory drink of your choice, before taking copious amounts of pictures, and spamming the everliving fuck out of your new accomplishment all over the internet. Well done!

Bilde
Bilde

And remember: It's only paint. If you're not happy with how it turned out, apply a new base coat and start again.
Svar